June 28, 2009

Proverbs 26:14

(Proverbs 26:14 ~ As the door turneth upon his hinges, so doth the slothful upon his bed.)

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As I shook your shoulder this morning
Attempting to wake you from slumber
A Proverb came to my mind
26:14 was the number

It was hard to conceal a chuckle
As you flopped onto your other side
Thinking how I would put thoughts into rhyme
And with it gently chide

One morning you awake at 5:00 A.M.
Robust and ready to greet the day
The next, 7 o'clock rolls around
While your flailing hand keeps the buzzer at bay

You'll one day have it all together
Self discipline won't be so hard
But, for now I'm enjoying this poem
In which my dear sleepy-head starred

Connie Riggs

3 comments:

aManAmongThem said...

You forget, my dear, that I was rudely awakened by the house alarm and went on a reconnasance mission at five this morning.

Ok, ok, I'm working on it.

Love,
Barley

Dr. Ew said...

Connie, you are so talented. I love this poem. May the Lord bless you guys, sleeping or awake!

Deliberate Living said...

Hahahaha!! I couldn't help but rib Barley about being so hard to wake up that morning.

Hope you are all doing well. We're all doing fine -- enjoying this weather and being on our school break. We school through the summer and break for the Fall. This coming year will be Barley's last one. Lots of mixed emotions about that.....

Keep in touch,
Connie  

__________________________________________________